Design Engineer in Rogers, MN to provide design support for existing products, and develop and introduce new products and equipment.
The specific position responsibilities include:
- Manage research and development projects and maintaining complete design history file
- Provide work direction to technicians and operators to support projects
- Develop new products using customer or internal specifications
- Produce detailed drawings and assembly drawings, technical documents, and reports as necessary to cross check/approve detailed component drawings and assembly drawings of other engineers
- Ensure that all documentation, including drawings, sketches, calculations, records, and test data are properly filed and maintained and keep a full and comprehensive log book
- Perform tolerance and other assembly studies on all components to ensure they will assemble correctly and conduct cost reduction exercises when required
- Assist in identifying equipment needs on the production floor and evaluate internal and external options for sourcing such equipment
- Write and execute design verification and validations
- Work with Manufacturing, Operations, Marketing, and Quality Departments during the conception, prototyping, and release of new products
- Work with external vendors as needed
- Other assignments as requested
The position requires a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or the foreign equivalent degree, plus two years of experience in a medical device manufacturing environment, specifically electrophysiology catheter manufacturing and design, performing process validations and generating engineering drawings and models in SolidWorks and working in MATLAB, Abaqus, and LabView, OR a Master's Degree in Mechanical Engineering, with at least a year (two semesters) of university-level coursework focused on performing laboratory experiments using engineering software including MATLAB, SolidWorks, Abaqus, and LabView with knowledge of Solid Mechanics and Finite Element Methods, and equipment including universal testing machines, 3D printers, and a Scanning Electron Microscope. Please apply via email to Lisa Rathbun at .
APT is always looking for top talent to join our team. We offer excellent pay and benefits to all employees, whether you are an engineer, production worker, or sales. Please send an email attached with your resume to